The engines roar under your feet. The plane slips down the runway as it gains speed and height and the stewardess tells the speech that you probably know: “Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome on this flight destination Valencia. There are 5 exits aboard this plane: 2 at the front, 2 over the wings, and one out the plane’s rear end. The mobile phones must remain disconnected. We remind you that smoking is not permitted on board. Life jackets are located under your seats…” Your hands are sweating, your heart beats too fast and you have trouble breathing. Then you think… why do they take so many precautions, if it is supposed that the plane is safer means of transport? You want to stay off immediately!!!
Do not worry, you’re probably not the only one with aerophobia. The fear of flying is very common: in fact, it is estimated that only 5% of passengers board on the plane without any kind of fear. Some people develop panic because they think that the plane will crash, and others however, have fear of being locked in an enclosed space over a long period of time. Whatever the reason is, learn to face and overcome this phobia is very important.
The aerophobia greatly affects the lives of those who depend on flying, whether for business or family reasons, or whether for pleasure. Therefore it is important to treat this phobia with a specialist. Meanwhile, here are some tips and ideas to mitigate those nerves while you’re in the air:
• The board staff is well trained and qualified.
• The pilots only fly if the plane is in perfect conditions. How many times was your flight delayed because the plane needed a little adjustment?
• The airplane is the safest means of transport as it is subjected to continuous and thorough examinations. It is much more probable to have a car accident.
• No other means of transport has so many safety resources such as an aircraft: oxygen masks, reinforced doors, special platforms, life jackets…
• Try to avoid the stimulating drinks before boarding on the plane: coffee, alcohol, etc. How about a linden or valerian before boarding?
• Do breathing and relaxation exercises.
• Do things that keep you entertained: reading, writing, listening to music, watching a movie…
Do you feel more relaxed? Take advantage of the great flying offers and book your tickets to visit one of the most charming cities in Spain: Valencia. And to find the cheapest accommodation, rent Apartments in Valencia and do not let the fear of flying stop you.